OpenGL or Vulkan API thoughts

All about cross-platform API for 3D graphics
derlasany

OpenGL or Vulkan API thoughts

Post by derlasany »

I think the most necessary thing at the moment is to transfer IndiEngine from Direct X to OpenGL, because this will open up many opportunities for us, for example, a version for smartphones. Curious what others think of this.
bymchvel

Re: OpenGL or Vulkan API thoughts

Post by bymchvel »

Android is really a pretty sweet spot. There you can quickly distribute our project, and unlike Steam, there are no special problems there, for example, you don’t have to pay a lot of money to upload the game. I also think that all efforts should be made to transfer the engine to OpenGL.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, I think about OpenGL, because Direct X limits the engine in many ways, starting at least from the impossibility of multiplatforming and ending with a non-free license
xizer

Post by xizer »

By the way, is Vulkan API not being considered? After all, a worthwhile thing, even cooler than OpenGL, if you think so.
wonikert

Post by wonikert »

Vulkan API really shouldn't be overlooked, you rightly pointed it out. Now applications that support it are more popular among owners of not the most powerful video cards. Well, the very quality of the picture from Vulkan API is better than from OpenGL.